Content Specialist - Milwaukee Area
The Big Picture:
Do you write in a way that connects an audience to a brand? Can you take on the voice of a company and speak their language? Then Tuna Traffic wants to meet you!
We're looking for someone who not only knows how to write effectively, but understands the strategy behind different types of writing. Someone selling essential oils is going to speak differently than someone selling building products, and you can identify the nuances to each voice and audience. You should also know how to make your words SEO-friendly, how to make things pop in social media, and how to produce and revise content in a fast-paced environment.
Tuna Traffic is a digital marketing agency, so knowing HTML5, CSS3, and the Adobe Creative Suite is always helpful, as is knowing the ins and outs of WordPress. If you know how to use data to better inform your content writing, even better!
- Write content for a diverse list of clients. Technical writing experience desired, but both B2B and B2C writing will be required in this position.
- Recommend content strategies across paid, owned, and earned channels, using SEO best practices, past performance as an indicator of what will be effective for a client, and knowledge of paid advertising and writing practices.
- Develop content for a wide range of platforms, including paid advertising, blog posts, emails, white papers, case studies, eBooks, landing pages, and general web content.
- Manage multiple clients and once and prioritize work based on client needs and direction from team captain and product owners.
- Execute basic website changes such as replacing an image and formatting content with HTML5 and CSS3
- Support client needs on an ongoing basis via email, phone, or in person
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Experience writing for multiple clients with different voices required ( a portfolio with this exercise is available for review)
- Experience in social media advertising platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn
- Required background in Inbound Marketing, SEO, Digital Marketing
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3 preferred
- Strong, detail-oriented writing and presentation skills
- Able to multi-task and be productive in an agile creative environment
- Minimal travel to local client sites may be needed
- May lift up to 10 pounds (Laptop)
Bachelor's degree or Associates degree in Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, or a related field
Minimum of 2+ years of experience with Digital Marketing
We are deeply committed to cultivating an environment grounded in creative energy, groundbreaking ideas and continual enrichment. We value being a company that walks the talk, is authentic, engaged and responsive to its team members and clients.
Our benefits include:
- Personal time off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Paid ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Flexible schedule
- Cutting-edge technology and tools
- Collaborative, team-driven environment
- Casual atmosphere
What’s Our Story, Anyway?
Founded in 2010 in Racine, Wisconsin, Tuna Traffic specializes in developing, marketing, and managing effective and engaging web presences. Through creative design, cutting edge technology, tactical market analysis, and innovative social media, we function as a one-stop interactive marketing shop.
We work a little differently here at Tuna Traffic. We manage our projects using an Agile Methodology called Scrum. Scrum focuses our team’s energy by initiating, detailing, and completing our work in progressive steps. And it makes for a successful, supportive work environment. Our Tuna Traffic team is chock full of smart people who are card-carrying SEO Rockstars and Social Media gurus, plus we’re kind of fun to be around.