Designer – Milwaukee-Based
At Tuna Traffic, our Designers work with the industry’s latest tools and techniques to design and prepare creative graphical solutions for clients’ print and digital media needs.
Working in small cross-functional teams with our clients, we employ an Agile methodology to focus our work and deliver an unsurpassed creative outcome. This means moving fast, efficiently – like a Tuna (which is of course where we get our name) – through the creative process, to take designs from concept to prototype, and ultimately to launch.
It also means having a constant feedback loop for clients and team members to review progress and ensure projects/designs remain on track.
- Develop and articulate complex design concepts to others so they can understand your vision, and give appropriate critiques (and kudos – we get a lot of these).
- Produce designs across a broad range of industries and mediums. (These include print, digital and environmental graphics, with an emphasis on branding, email marketing, and other print mediums.)
- Bring designs to life with client style guidelines, responsive design, and tools such as Creative Cloud, CSS3 and HTML5.
- Apply basic principles of inbound and digital marketing, SEO and user (UX/UI) driven design.
- Provide and support customer needs on an ongoing basis via email, phone, or in person.
- Maintain an awareness of current trends and practices in the web and graphic design fields, especially for SEO and UX (may recommend improvements in software, equipment, or practice).
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 2+ years experience with website front-end development and interaction design.
- Must have basic knowledge of web development workflow (sftp, git, phpmyadmin, etc) and advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Photography and videography skills strongly desired.
- Ability to multi-task, and be productive in an Agile creative environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex projects with firm deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with people in a team environment.
- Effective problem solver, motivated to achieve effective results.
- Strong attention to detail, an ability to follow precise instructions via emails, phone, and online conversations and meetings, and a flexibility to change as needs evolve.
- Knowledge of mobile/responsive design required.
- Minimal travel to local client sites within 20 miles of Tuna Traffic office.
- May lift up to 10 pounds (Laptop).
Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Design, Development or a related discipline.
We are deeply committed to cultivating an environment grounded in creative energy, groundbreaking ideas and continual enrichment. We value being a company that walks the talk, is authentic, engaged and responsive to its team members and clients.
Our benefits include:
- Personal time off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Paid ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Flexible schedule
- Cutting edge technology and tools
- Collaborative, team-driven environment
Like the way that all sounds?
Think you’d be an asset to our team?
We’d love to chat with you.