Software Engineer - Milwaukee Based
The Big Picture:
Recent growth within Tuna means new opportunities within our team. Right now we are on the hunt for a full-time Software Engineer. We're looking for someone who can go deep into the code to understand, design, support, test and improve the systems and tools our clients and teams use. Sound challenging? Fun? Then join us.
Want to hear more? We'd love to talk.
We’re searching for someone who:
- Brings 3+ years of on-the-job complex software development/engineering work to the table.
- Has a burning desire to be on a team where you produce innovative development work.
- Performs best in an environment where learning, teaching and growing are supported.
- Create software requirement specifications
- Software and relational database design
- Software development, testing and implementation
- Maintain an awareness of current trends and practices in the web design and development fields
- Recommend improvements in software, equipment or practice
- Provide and support customer needs on an ongoing basis via email, phone or in person
- Additional development duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Required working knowledge of:
- Responsive Design
- Object-oriented PHP
- Local development
- Preferred working knowledge of:
- OAuth 2
- Automated deployment workflows
- Scrum methodology
- Ability to self-organize, prioritize and manage multiple complex projects with firm deadlines
- Works effectively, creatively and independently within an agile team environment
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with people in a team environment
- Offices locally or remotely (local officing preferred)
- If local, minimal travel to client sites within 20 miles of Tuna Traffic office
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field.
3+ years of on-the-job work experience as a Software Engineer, Software Architect or similar role.
We are deeply committed to cultivating an environment grounded in creative energy, groundbreaking ideas and continual enrichment. We value being a company that walks the talk, is authentic, engaged and responsive to its team members and clients.
Our benefits include:
- Personal time off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Paid on-going learning and development opportunities
- Flexible schedule
- Cutting edge technology and tools
- Collaborative, team driven environment
- Casual atmosphere
What’s Our Story, Anyway?
Founded in 2010 in Racine, Wisconsin, Tuna Traffic specializes in developing, marketing and managing effective and engaging web presences. Through creative design, cutting edge technology, tactical market analysis and innovative social media, we function as a one-stop interactive marketing shop.
We work a little differently here at Tuna Traffic. We manage our projects using an Agile Methodology called Scrum. Scrum focuses our team’s energy by initiating, detailing and completing our work in progressive steps. And it makes for a successful, supportive work environment. Our Tuna Traffic team is chock full of smart people who are card-carrying SEO Rockstars and Social Media Gurus, plus we’re kind of fun to be around.