Technical Content Writer/Strategist
The Big Picture:
At Tuna Traffic, we’re looking for a Content Writer/Strategist with a strong foundation in technical B2B writing. You write with clarity, focus, and inventiveness that grabs attention, shifts mindsets, and transforms the course of a client’s business. You create content that engages the reader, maintains a cohesive brand voice, and inspires action across multiple channels, diverse audiences, and industries.
You’re more than a content writer. You’re a strategist who understands the buyer’s journey and partners with clients to develop strategic marketing campaigns. You’re an analyst who integrates data-driven insights with in-depth research to capture and convey the client’s voice. You’re an artist who understands the beauty and power behind meticulously, well-crafted content.
- Create compelling technical, relevant content for websites, blogs, email campaigns, digital advertising, white papers, social media, sales materials, and other collateral for clients and for internal marketing purposes
- Develop, present, and execute content strategies that aligns with client needs and goals
- Maintain consistent brand messaging, voice, and tone across all channels by writing clear, engaging, and detailed content
- Conduct comprehensive content research, including market analysis, reliable sourcing, client and SME interviews, SEO/keyword data, surveys, etc.
- Proofread, edit, and polish content to improve readability and eliminate errors and inconsistencies
- Balance multiple clients with continuous work and meet tight deadlines while ensuring quality standards
- Collaborate with the Tuna team on campaigns, projects, and ongoing work
- Support client needs on an ongoing basis via email, phone, or in-person
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Journalism, Marketing, or related field
3+ years experience writing in media/business/marketing
- Proven track record in turning marketing strategy into compelling content
- Adept at working with a diverse range of clients on a tight deadline
- Displays an exceptional knowledge of grammar
- Skilled in written and oral communication, organization, and attention to detail
- Puts forth a proactive attitude with a willingness to learn, deliver and receive feedback, and tackle any tasks that arise
- Leverages a dual-minded approach, combining creative thinking with data-driven processes
- Familiar with Google Drive, WordPress CMS, Canva, and other platforms
- Able to multitask in an agile, remote working environment
- Minimal travel to local client sites, if applicable
- May lift up to 10 pounds (Laptop)
Our Benefits Include:
- Personal time off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Paid ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Flexible schedule
- Cutting-edge technology and tools
- Collaborative, team-driven environment
- Casual atmosphere
What’s Our Story, Anyway?
Since our first day of business in 2010, Tuna Traffic has focused on one goal - to provide collaborative marketing services and agile web development that drive strategic results.
How do we do this? By working differently than a traditional agency or professional services company. We are innovative and interactive; working collaboratively and cross-functionally in client-focused groups we call Well-Formed Teams. Working this way allows us to put our clients’ needs first, building a deep understanding of their business, seeking feedback, and aligning with emerging needs and changing business objectives.
We are deeply committed to cultivating an environment grounded in creative energy, groundbreaking ideas, and continual enrichment. We value being a company that walks the talk, is authentic, engaged, and responsive to its team members and clients.
Tuna Traffic’s expertise falls into three specialty buckets.
Digital Marketing: Conveying dynamic brand messaging that drives online business visibility and engagement, including graphic & web design, content creation, digital advertising, email marketing, social engagement, and SEO.
Development: Using current technologies that build innovative solutions and optimize business outcomes, including Web Development, E-Commerce Platforms, Automated Marketing Systems, Software Engineering, API Integrations, and CRM Implementation.
Business Enhancement: Leveraging tools, discussions, collaboration, and critical analysis to define and align marketing and development efforts, including Discovery Workshops and Agile Roadmapping, Engagement Strategies and Progress Reviews, and Lead Generation Strategies.
Tuna Traffic’s values build the foundation for everything we do.
Courage: We invite curiosity, creativity, and candor, respecting diverse thoughts and supporting honest feedback.
Care: We hold high standards for the quality of work and workplace, striving for pride in craftsmanship, not perfection.
Community: We aim to balance work and play, empowering employees to take good care of themselves to contribute their best.